Consolidated Kansas

Does anyone know how to get a couple of my ducks to gain weight? My Production Rouen 4.6 pounds and blue Swedish 5.6 pounds are under weight. Thank you

What are you feeding them?

I feed them “country lane” 16% layer pellets and treats. All of my other ducks have stop laying eggs for the year but those two are laying eggs almost every day still. I’m not sure if that could be part of it.

I feed them “country lane” 16% layer pellets and treats. All of my other ducks have stop laying eggs for the year but those two are laying eggs almost every day still. I’m not sure if that could be part of it.
You might try adding in some scratch grain to their feed, it has corn & it should help add some weight. I feed my ducks layer feed, but add in scratch as well. They don't have a problem with being too skinny.

20201021_113526 (2).jpg

Yesterday morning, as I went out to feed my dogs, I found a lifeless baby guinea, on the porch, by the door. One of the dogs must have brought it up. It was 38 degrees, but when I picked up the baby guinea, it open an eye. I wrapped it in a towel and placed it on our floor furnace, then went back out to feed the dogs. As I was putting food in their bowls, a mad guinea started flogging the dogs. I looked behind an old ridding mower, and found her nest. There was six ice-cold eggs. I took them in and started an incubator. The baby guinea was now standing and chirping, so I put it in a brooder-box. This morning one of the eggs hatched, so I added it to the one in the brooder. This is not the first time I have had eggs hatch, that a guinea had abandoned, but the eggs were not ice-cold, then.

Yesterday morning, as I went out to feed my dogs, I found a lifeless baby guinea, on the porch, by the door. One of the dogs must have brought it up. It was 38 degrees, but when I picked up the baby guinea, it open an eye. I wrapped it in a towel and placed it on our floor furnace, then went back out to feed the dogs. As I was putting food in their bowls, a mad guinea started flogging the dogs. I looked behind an old ridding mower, and found her nest. There was six ice-cold eggs. I took them in and started an incubator. The baby guinea was now standing and chirping, so I put it in a brooder-box. This morning one of the eggs hatched, so I added it to the one in the brooder. This is not the first time I have had eggs hatch, that a guinea had abandoned, but the eggs were not ice-cold, then.
That's crazy Ralph! Guineas aren't known though for being great mothers. I'm glad you could at least save two of them.

Good morning, Kansas!
Are we digging that extreme temperature spike followed by the 50° drop??! Omg.
I let my girls out yesterday morning, they looked around a bit, and one by one, went right back in the coop! Lol. They think it’s nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom