Construction of "The Pantry". Another Wacky Coop. (Pic Heavy)

I have about seven or eight chickens who insist on sleeping in the rafters of the coop rather than on the roosts. I went in one night to check on them and discovered nearly half our flock was on the rafters, perched on top of the coop door, and on a variety of other perches that weren't intended for chicken butts... Meanwhile the roosts were nearly empty, with a handful of lonely chickens squeezed onto one tiny spot. XD

great coop ,very talented -can't wait to see pics when painted
caf.gif

How exciting for you! You are one heck of a carpenter is all I have to say. An artist craftsman.
big_smile.png
I was going to guess a vintage refrigerator door handle.
Is there a way for your feathery kids to get to the bottom from the inside?

@nmr , it is unlikely the OP will respond, as they haven’t been on BYC since 2014. Often you can see if someone is active or recently on BYC by clicking on their user name. You can tag someone using “@“ in front of their user name as I did to you, and that notifies them that they are mentioned in a post

Hi all, I'm back! I have been away from the forum for quite some time. "The Pantry" was finished and used for about 5 years before a bobcat moved in and killed all of our chickens. The coop has undergone several changes thru the years and I will see if I can find some pictures to show where it is at during this time. Overall is has held up real well. Thanks to the additional time at home from Covid-19 I have had the chance to start raising a new flock. I purchased 12 new gals from Tractor Supply on March 19th and they are growing bigger everyday. "The Pantry" has been empty for the last 2 years and I have had to do some repairs on the coop and in the run to get it ready for the new girls. I hope all is well with everyone and you can expect some pictures to be coming soon.

Back
Top Bottom