Construction/River/Masonry Sand For Coop? Links for Online Purchase?

meepANDpeep

Songster
Mar 6, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I'm extremely interested in using river sand for my coops. Wanted to hear some pros and cons, and, I know from other threads that most people go to their local quarry and get some. Is there anyone who gets it online? I'd like to make an online purchase, and I'd love to know if this is possible.

If you get it online, can you post the link here? I can't find safe-looking river sand anywhere.

I have been using construction grade sand in my run and elsewhere for all my life. Have children playing with it in their sandboxes also.
I know some peeps are for sand and others are against. Its like the Hatfield's, and McCoy's.
I could find some threads where peeps get at each-others nerves with their comments/posts. I think moderators removed the toxic ones.

If you were going to get it online, that would mean small quantity, with a high postage price. Sand is heavy, unless you were looking to purchase one pound of it for your parrot cage.

It would also be good if you posted your location in your profile. Not your address, just general area, If you would be in nearby area, I could tell you exactly where to get some, and reasonably priced.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

I have been using construction grade sand in my run and elsewhere for all my life. Have children playing with it in their sandboxes also.
I know some peeps are for sand and others are against. Its like the Hatfield's, and McCoy's.
I could find some threads where peeps get at each-others nerves with their comments/posts. I think moderators removed the toxic ones.

If you were going to get it online, that would mean small quantity, with a high postage price. Sand is heavy, unless you were looking to purchase one pound of it for your parrot cage.

It would also be good if you posted your location in your profile. Not your address, just general area, If you would be in nearby area, I could tell you exactly where to get some, and reasonably priced.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome
thank you, @cavemanrich I'd love to go and get some but transportation may be a problem right now. I don't need a lot just yet. Just enough for a small 2-quail hutch, and I'm going to try it in my 5-chick (bantam) brooder/transition box that's around 16 sq ft. Then when those chicks are adults, and I graduate them to a full-sized brooder, I may need to get larger quantities.

I live in Salisbury, NC :)

I live in Salisbury, NC

Here's how to add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1619012977076.png

Hi Everyone,

I'm extremely interested in using river sand for my coops. Wanted to hear some pros and cons, and, I know from other threads that most people go to their local quarry and get some. Is there anyone who gets it online? I'd like to make an online purchase, and I'd love to know if this is possible.

If you get it online, can you post the link here? I can't find safe-looking river sand anywhere.

The first time I used sand I ordered it online from Lowe’s Home Improvement and they delivered it in two approx. 4x4 bags. It wasn’t labeled sandbox sand, but closer to sandbox sand than river sand and worked fine. May not have the particle size you’re looking for.

The first time I used sand I ordered it online from Lowe’s Home Improvement and they delivered it in two approx. 4x4 bags. It wasn’t labeled sandbox sand, but closer to sandbox sand than river sand and worked fine. May not have the particle size you’re looking for.
Do you remember the type?

Back
Top Bottom