contact lenses that can change the color of your eyes?!?

Campine Lover

Songster
9 Years
Mar 7, 2010
Moss Beach, CA
hi, I just heard about these contact lenses that can change your eye color, or enhance them. Does anyotne have these? If you got green enhancers, and you have grey-blue eyes, does that mean your eyes would now be an awesome blue tinged green? Or vice versa? If you had grey-blue eyes, and you got a really striking blue color, would your natrual color be dominent, or the contacts? Just wondering 'cause I think it would be fun!

I have green and blue tinted colored contacts. it adds more color to my eyes. I did try on a bunch of colors at the eye doctors, but you cant even see out of the darn things. Why waste money buying them? The colored part will slide over your pupil and impair your vision. Some did look cool though.

I had them for several years, but they got too expensive for me. My eyes are really light green- almost grey, and I hate them. I got the brown ones & amethyst for a while.I didn't want anything that looked too "fake". Really liked them. When you first put them on (at the doc) it is kinda wierd and you can see the color of the lens- but it goes away after about 1/2 hour. After that- you're eyes are used to it. If I can ever afford it I may get some more and switch them on & off with the clears.

Years ago I had them -- and only for the color change, my vision was perfect, LOL.

I have brown eyes, and my contacts made them green. They worked as far as changing the color, and I really liked them too.

I tried the ones that change your whole eye color and hated them (kept moving in front on my pupil and I was half blind when wearing them)... But I have been wearing the freshlook colorblends for 10+ years and love those (they dont color your whole eye, they blend in to your eye color so your not blind wearing them)... I have really dark brown eyes (and hate em) but I get the Turquoise colorblends, they make my eyes look blue (had a bunch of complements on them) so long as no one is right in my face they cant tell they are fake.... If you have really light color eyes they will have alot of colors for you (shows up better on light eyes than dark)... And freshlook has other contacts besides colorblends (colors, dementions, and something else cant remember).. Hope this helps...

I had them and loved them. Mine were aquas over my green/hazel eye color. They made my eyes really neat looking, but still in the realm of "beleivable"/

It depends on what you are referring to. There are several contact lenses out there that work in various ways. The oldest type is the kind with the solid color iris painted on. These look pretty fake, in my opinion, but they are also the cheapest. There are also new ones now that enhance the natural color of your eyes. These probably look more natural as there isn't a fake solid iris painted on. Instead, there is just a tint of paint in all or part of the lens. These work best if you try to stick to a color that you already have in your eyes, like blue with blue, green with green. Even more recently, doctors have devised a way to surgically change the color of your eye by inserting iris implants into your eye. These are solid color iris implants, and can also look fake if you don't use a natural color (which you don't have to!).

I kinda have brownish green eyes that shift colors back and forth. I wanted more green eyes so I got green contacts. Because there was so much brown in my eyes at the time it made that vivid green look really dark. You can generally go from light to dark but not dark to light very well. Some people wear them better than others. Mine didn't work for me, there was a green haze over everything and they didn't shift properly when I looked in another direction.

There are also new contacts on the market called circle contact or big eye contacts. The cover up a small portion of the whites of your eyes to make your eyes look bigger. Again the same risk as any color contact lens but I'm thinking about trying them. These come in cool colors like purple!

Quote:
I just saw a story on those circle contacts - they are illegal in the USA.

I personally think the only reason they are "illegal" and certain doctors advice against them (notice I say certain doctors) is because eye doctors aren't making money off them. Kind of like how even once your eye presciption has been the same for 10 years you still have to go have an eye exam to get your same prescription again, and the doctors tell you that contacts are only meant to be worn for 2 weeks then thrown away. A box of contacts (I have 1 box for each eye because they are both different prescriptions) last me a year or more. It's a marketing scam to try and make money. But thats just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom