Contacting Forum Moderators - Reporting Problems - Asking General ?s

Discussion in 'Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Nifty-Chicken, Feb 3, 2011.

1. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Bird is the word

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop

2. uzisuzuki

uzisuzuki Songster

Oct 30, 2014
    Colorado
    Is there any way to delete rude comments from your My Flock page, other than just asking for the entire page to be deleted?

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

We can't say because then spammers would just post until they get there and spam away. It isn't that many. Talk with us and you'll be there in no time.

It's allowed once. You must ask a moderator to do it for you.

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

You can red flag a comment if you feel it maybe inappropriate and a moderator will take a look at it. Just click on the text of the comment and the flag should come up.

1 person likes this.
  5. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Crossing the Road

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
    There is a multitude of foreign language posts showing up on the Raising baby chicks section. I don't even want to click them to flag, b/c someone suggested that they may be spam.

6. speckledhen

They've been flagged by me. When a moderator gets to the queue, they will nuke the spammers, trust me. One click, gone with the wind.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Free Ranging

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    We are having another spam attack. We are aware of it and doing what we can to stop it. Thanks for being patient.

1 person likes this.
  8. speckledhen

I used to hate those when I was a moderator. And they always seemed to happen on weekends when I was the only one on board, lol. Lucky me, eh? The new system at least makes it easier to get rid of all their posts with the click of one button. We used to have to go delete them one at a time.

9. N F C

N F C is it nap time yet?

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    If someone is posting politically and religiously charged comments, is that against the BYC rules? I'm trying to separate my personal feelings on this from actual site rules.

10. sumi

sumi Égalité

Jun 28, 2011
    Tipperary, Ireland
    Debby, that is a good question. The forum rules state:

Quote: If you see any posts/comments that you feel is inappropriate, would you please report them for the Staff's attention? Just click on the little red flag in the bottom left corner of each post. Reports are confidential and can only be seen by Staff members.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: