Ended Contest #15 Guess How Many Eggs Will HATCH! - 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong

The total number of chicks hatched for the 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong was

The winners with the closest guesses are........

1st Place:

MooreChickens
with a guess of 4,002

2nd Place:

Tessaturtle
with a guess of 4,001

Congratulations!

That one chick is eyeing you like, "What? It's just poop!" LOL! Cute chickies. I didn't really get any group photos of my chicks before slipping them under a couple of broody hens, because someone has to take care of all these fuzzikins, and my brooder isn't big enough. Especially since I have more chicks supposed to hatch in about a week.

This hatching business is addicting and I really should stop, but they are just so cute! DH is going to hide my incubator so I can't find it if I don't get this "addiction" under control. :oops: LOL!

:lau
That's ok. I wasn't even planning on being part of the count but now I've got 2 very promising looking eggs that are right around 16 days give or take. I had a hen go broody without telling me last month and I went out of town for a weekend. My husband doesn't collect eggs ever so I went out that Sunday, started collecting eggs and noticed I was short my normal #. I spotted a hen hiding under a lean too and feared she was hurt but when I went to move her she barked at me, fluffed up like a puffer fish and gave me the stink eye. I moved a lovely group of 4 eggs into the coop, candled them and even though I'm down to just 2 left they seem very healthy.

Those broodies can be quite defensive. I have two with chicks that hatched during the HAL. Those mamas have taken on goat kids, ducks, sleeping puppies, and an absent minded rooster. The poor roo never knew what hit him. LOL! I have another hen who isn't even considering going broody who shrieks whenever anyone comes near her while she is laying her egg. Such personality with these birds.
I hope you have some adorable little fuzzibutts soon.

The total number of chicks hatched for the 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong was

[COLOR=4B0082]4,044[/COLOR]​

The winners with the closest guesses are........

1st Place:

[COLOR=FF0000]MooreChickens[/COLOR]​
with a guess of 4,002

2nd Place:

[COLOR=FF0000]Tessaturtle[/COLOR]​
with a guess of 4,001

Congratulations!

Oh, so close... Not really, lol! Congrats to the winners! Yay!:clap

4.562 eggs will hatch
dognabit
tongue.gif

Back