Ended Contest # 4: Edible Easter Contest for the 7th Annual Easter Hatch-a-long!

Oh my...here I am with my entry...biting nails...the kids and I had SO much fun coming up with ideas and working together so thank you to the creator of the contest for having such a fun online event! I found it was hard to capture just the right angle to show how it turned out so I'll put a few pictures.
Items used: Yellow Cake mix, Chocolate Cake mix, yellow peep, chocolate mousse peep, Whoppers Robins Eggs, chocolate rocks, pretzels, gummy carrots, coconut with green food coloring, icing, blue jello.

All things edible except the tray and the foil that is holding the jello stream and pond.

My partners in crime and our HUGE mess!

Very nice!

Have you ever wondered where the Easter Bunnies get those Eggs?

My second Entry is the answer.

The Easter Egg Factory:

Everything is edible except the cake pan. Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Icing.
Peeps, jelly beans, Reeses and Whopper Bird eggs.
Hershey push cart with Milky Way axles and Reeses cup wheels.
Butter Cream Icing for bunny tail.
Dyed Coconut grass.
And the basket is Rice Krispie Treat form with Butter Cream Icing piped with basketweave technique.

Wow, that basket is incredibly beautiful! The whole thing is such a clever idea!

Oh my...here I am with my entry...biting nails...the kids and I had SO much fun coming up with ideas and working together so thank you to the creator of the contest for having such a fun online event! I found it was hard to capture just the right angle to show how it turned out so I'll put a few pictures.
Items used: Yellow Cake mix, Chocolate Cake mix, yellow peep, chocolate mousse peep, Whoppers Robins Eggs, chocolate rocks, pretzels, gummy carrots, coconut with green food coloring, icing, blue jello.

All things edible except the tray and the foil that is holding the jello stream and pond.

Gummy carrots??? Who knew? This is just lovely; the vegetable garden reminds me of Beatrix Potter and Peter Rabbit.

Everyones' entries are amazing! Bravo!
clap.gif

I've made my entry and I'm going to post the photos tomorrow. I spent hours on my entry... and when i say hours i mean 4 HOURS!
th.gif
It was fun, tiring, and not to mention very, very messy! Looking forward to sharing the photos with you all tomorrow.
thumbsup.gif

Good luck to all those who entered!
hugs.gif

Fantastic!
Very creative.

Wow, that basket is incredibly beautiful! The whole thing is such a clever idea!

Thanks.

If you ever try the iced Rice Krispie Treat basket, make the bowl and let it age overnight. I wanted to get it all done in one day and even after cooling a few hours, the basket kept changing shapes from the warmth of my hands while adding the piped frosting. I had to place it in the freezer and work really fast to keep it in shape.

Everyones' entries are amazing! Bravo!
clap.gif

I've made my entry and I'm going to post the photos tomorrow. I spent hours on my entry... and when i say hours i mean 4 HOURS!
th.gif
It was fun, tiring, and not to mention very, very messy! Looking forward to sharing the photos with you all tomorrow.
thumbsup.gif

Good luck to all those who entered!
hugs.gif
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom