Ended Contest # 4: Edible Easter Contest for the 7th Annual Easter Hatch-a-long!

Three bunnies in a field, hiding some Easter eggs. The bunnies are made of colored sugar cookie dough, cut with a cookie cutter. They are decorated with confectioner's icing and colored candies and jellybeans, with chocolate chunk eyes. The grass is made of candy floss, and the eggs are caramel cream eggs.
Love that the bunnies are wearing candy necklaces!

After looking at the entries again (I was showing them off to Jenny this am), and now seeing this latest adorable bunny one, maybe Ken is right. Maybe I should take a couple of new pictures of my entry with a better backdrop. I've noticed on all of the entries everyone took such great care to put them with a background that compliments the theme and makes the pieces pop. I've got almost all white on aluminum foil. I'm just scared that if I move it now that the fondant has gotten kinda hard and brittle something might break off. I don't mind it exploding like the gingerbread chicken coop did, but I'd rather be able to use it for a centerpiece for Easter dinner first........decisions, decisions.

@Blooie I thought your entry was awesome as it was. Sure would hate to find out it broke before you have a chance to use it for Easter dinner.

OH MY GOODNESS..JUST GETTING AROUND TO SEEING MORE OF THESE..HAVEN'T BEEN ON A WHILE.

GREAT ENTRIES! SUCH TALENTED PEOPLE!

Last edited:
Three bunnies in a field, hiding some Easter eggs. The bunnies are made of colored sugar cookie dough, cut with a cookie cutter. They are decorated with confectioner's icing and colored candies and jellybeans, with chocolate chunk eyes. The grass is made of candy floss, and the eggs are caramel cream eggs.
Very cute!

The Tails on these are really cute and creative, and I like the colors in the picture itself, very springtime!

So Cute! Great job!

love.gif

I love it
love.gif
. Great choice for the platter - you have an eye for display. Color choices show a lot of planning.
clap.gif

After looking at the entries again (I was showing them off to Jenny this am), and now seeing this latest adorable bunny one, maybe Ken is right. Maybe I should take a couple of new pictures of my entry with a better backdrop. I've noticed on all of the entries everyone took such great care to put them with a background that compliments the theme and makes the pieces pop. I've got almost all white on aluminum foil. I'm just scared that if I move it now that the fondant has gotten kinda hard and brittle something might break off. I don't mind it exploding like the gingerbread chicken coop did, but I'd rather be able to use it for a centerpiece for Easter dinner first........decisions, decisions.

It is a beautiful work of art, IMO leave it alone and enjoy it for Easter display. Would hate to see it get broken
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom