Ended Contest #5, Broodies and their babies - 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

My best broodies have been Barnevelders, Heritage Barred Rocks, mutts and Icelandics.  The only hatchery bird that ever went broody on me was a Production Red and a Light Brahma.  Both turned out to be a great mothers.
I have a TSC red sexlink that has gone broody the last two years. As soon as I start loading up the incubator she plops her butt on a nest and says "Me too!"

Ha ha. If you are looking for broody hens I would recommend Black copper Marans or Speckled Sussex!  

I've got 4 Speckled Sussex hens! Whats the big holdup here, ladies?? I am hoping to get some BCMs this year, they are quite high on my wish list.

My best broodies have been Barnevelders, Heritage Barred Rocks, mutts and Icelandics.  The only hatchery bird that ever went broody on me was a Production Red and a Light Brahma.  Both turned out to be a great mothers.

I want Icelandics very badly, you have no idea. They were the first breed I fell in love with, and I still really want some.

My Barred Rocks have gone broody more than any of the other breeds I have.

I don't have barred rocks, bit I've got 7 Partridge Plymouth Rocks.

Back
Top Bottom