Continuous Feather pulling while mating >:( PICS

I am having the same problem with my Welshi's and it's a bit of a surprise. My original trio drake was as good as they come. Rico was a real gentleman. Then as the 2 younger drakes started coming of age they found their pecking order and things were still not too bad. But In this terrible sub-zero winter we've had, I lost Rico and the 2nd drake leaving just the previous "low man" to service 5 girls. Well, all of a sudden young and timid is Atilla the Hun and none of the girls has any feathers left on their heads. I watched him just today and he is pulling feathers out long before he is trying to balance for doing the deed! He is especially mean to the older ladies of the original trio. She did get bloody and has an infected eye that I'm treating. She is very afraid of him and it's very sad to watch her try to hide from him all the time.
I am ever grateful for all the great advice on my BC threads!!!! Working on a separate pen for him now until he "cools out" and buying some red heat bulbs instead of white to pull back the hormones.

Back
Top Bottom