converting interior nesting boxes

Quote:
Plastic bins in the nest boxes! I am new at this and this is a great idea!! Where did you get your plactic bins?

Ours are dishpans from Walmart. I hinged the nest box door at the bottom, then added chain supports so that it stays flat when opened. We can slide the boxes out onto the flat door and also set the egg basket on it. Here is how it looks from the outside.
coop1002jsm.jpg

We accidentally made the boxes a little big so we have to make sure we push the bins all the way in. I might have dh cut some 2 x 4s so we can put them in there to keep the boxes from moving but so far it hasn't been a problem.

Quote:
Plastic bins in the nest boxes! I am new at this and this is a great idea!! Where did you get your plactic bins?

Ours are dishpans from Walmart. I hinged the nest box door at the bottom, then added chain supports so that it stays flat when opened. We can slide the boxes out onto the flat door and also set the egg basket on it. Here is how it looks from the outside.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/gale2/chickenblog/new coop/coop1002jsm.jpg
We accidentally made the boxes a little big so we have to make sure we push the bins all the way in. I might have dh cut some 2 x 4s so we can put them in there to keep the boxes from moving but so far it hasn't been a problem.

Wow, this is wonderful!! I checked out your blog- what a terrific chicken house! I love the nesting box idea!

Back
Top Bottom