Converting this old barn into The Banty Shanty *UPDATES pg 4&5*

COOL! I'd love to have a project like that for the winter! It's a good plan you have and then you will have plenty of room for MORE chickens!!!! Please keep us up to date with pictures!! I really enjoyed looking over your neet ole' barn !!

I think that is a great idea. I would first check for Termite damage to the structure, especially the main support posts. If they are okay, then go ahead with the clean out and remodel. If you remove the slats carefully from the corn crib sections you may be able to reuse them in the partions and other areas of the runs.

I noticed aside from the windows there were also a couple of doors in there. Those could prove to be useful as well.

As far as replacing/fixing the tin roof, you might want to consider cutting out the sections with the tree holes in it and replace it with some of those clear panels used for roofing on patios. That way you will have some additional lighting in those areas.

If the barn is not already plumbed and wired you will have to consider that as well. It can be a real drag hauling water to coops in 20 degree or below weather or trying to feed in the dark.

If Omran comes up to visit and/or help he can pick me up on the way, who couldn't use an extra pair of hands on a project.

Wow this old barn has tons of great possibilities, and alot of really useable space. good luck.

droolin.gif
I would renovate that like heck! It could be like the rome of the banty world, with some world... and paint... and more work.

thumbsup.gif
ANYTHING is possible! You can do alot with that building, just depends on how much $$ and time you want to invest. I think it's a GREAT idea. You do the work & the rest of us will be your Cheerleaders!!!
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom