cookie recipe wanted

cassie

Free Ranging
15 Years
Mar 19, 2009
Does anybody have the recipe for Santa Land Cutouts or something like that? I think that is what they are called. They are meant to be rolled out and then decorated for Christmas. They are a crisp cookie that is not real sweet and they go great with tea. My aunt used to make them, but she is now gone and I can't find my own recipe. Thanks.

I've never heard of them, but they sound good! I know about Santa's Whiskers, but they aren't rolled cut outs. If you find this recipe, I'd like to try it too. Have you ever tried Wilton's roll out cookie recipe? Its very good, and you don't need to chill the dough. I love making cut out cookies, and I've got hundreds of cutters too! Good luck.

No. They are not a standard sugar cookie. As I remember they had rolled oats and lemon zest in them but I could be wrong about the zest. They do not look or taste like an oatmeal cookie though.

maybe this will help.. (you could add lemon zest to any of them.. )

Chewy Oatmeal Decorating Cookies

1 cup (2 sticks, 8 ounces) unsalted butter
3/4 cup (5 5/8 ounces) packed light or dark brown sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 cups (8 ounces) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1/2 cup (2 ounces) whole wheat flour, traditional or white wheat
1 cup (3 1/2 ounces) old-fashioned rolled oats
cinnamon sugar (optional)

To prepare the dough: In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the butter and sugar, then add the egg, vanilla, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and ginger, beating until smooth. Beat in the flours and oats; the mixture may look dry at first, but don’t worry, it’ll come together. Divide the dough into two pieces, wrap each piece in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets.

To shape the cookies: Working with one piece of dough at a time, roll it into a circle about 14" in diameter. Use your favorite cutters to cut out cookies, re-rolling and cutting the scraps. Place the cutout cookies on lightly greased or parchment-lined cookie sheets; set them fairly close together, as they don’t spread.

To bake the cookies: Bake the cookies for about 9 to 10 minutes: the shorter amount of time will make softer cookies, the longer amount of time, crisper cookies. Remove the cookies from the oven, sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar, if desired, and transfer to a rack to cool. Repeat with the remaining dough. Decorate as desired.
Yield: 6 1/2 dozen 2 ½" cookies.

Bakers’ tip: When rolling dough for cutout cookies, roll from the center outwards, giving the dough a quarter-turn on the floured surface with each stroke of the pin. This will produce a more tender cookie than rolling back and forth over the dough.

OR

Oatcakes recipe

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups quick oats
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 egg
2 tablespoons water

Mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and oats in a bowl. Cut in the butter until mixture is crumbly. Beat eggs with water and mix in dry ingredients. Work into a stiff dough.
Sprinkle a few oats on a lightly floured board. Roll out dough as thinly as possible. Cut in circles or large triangles. Bake on greased cookie sheet in hot oven (400 degrees F) about 12 minutes. Serve hot or cold with butter, cheese or jam.
Makes 3 dozen.

OR

OATMEAL SHORTBREAD COOKIES

1 c. butter
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. soda
1 c. flour
2 c. rolled oats

Mix butter, sugar and vanilla. Add soda, flour and rolled oats. Stir until well blended. Refrigerate overnight. Roll real thin, cut out and bake about 12 minutes until brown. Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Last edited:
I printed out the recipes and I will try them soon. i don't know if they are what I am looking for or not, but I will know when I try them. Thanks.

I see this is a older post, but I wondering if you got the recipe for " Santa Land Cutout Cookies " ?? I have a recipe that has oatmeal in them called Santa Land Cutouts ,,, if you think this is the recipe that you are looking for I will gladly be happy to send it to you ,,,, just let me know ,,,, Thank You ,,,, Eva Carpenter

No I don't have the recipe ande yes I would like it. Thank you. As I remember it is a nice crisp not overly sweet cookie that goes great with hot tea.

I will be glad to give it to you,,,,, they are great cookies............ 1 c. butter.....3/4 c. sugar......1 egg......1 Tbsp. grated lemon peel........ 2 1/2 c. flour......1/2 tsp. baking soda......1/4 tsp. salt......1c.quick oats (chopped)..........heat oven to 350 Beat butter and sugar together until creamy......blend in egg and lemon peel.......... sift together flour, soda and salt...... add to creamy mixture and blend well ...... stir in oats ....... roll out on a lightly floured board cut with cutters ..... place on a greased cookie sheet and bake 8 min. frost with a powered sugar frosting and enjoy !! I got this recipe from my 86 year old aunt and they are really good cookies ,,,,

Back
Top Bottom