Coop about to go off grid

karanleaf

Songster
11 Years
Jun 29, 2008
Glenwood, Missouri
My DH has been working his tail feathers off...
wee.gif

In between making raised beds & filling them with our composed soil.
He put the solar panel up on the chicken coop.
woot.gif

Take a look.....

12535_p1010824b.jpg

12535_p1010822b.jpg

just has to get it wired to inverter & battery and both chickens & ducks will be solar powered
ya.gif

love.gif
I'm so proud of him
love.gif

What a great idea!

I just told my DH about it, and he is thoroughly intrigued. (And I'm LOL cuz 2 days ago, when he declared the coop as done as it was going to get, and that he was so tired of working on the project that he didn't even care that the chicken door - the one that secures them in at night - wasn't square - this after spending soooo much time in the beginning with his level making sure everything was just right - but dangle an innovative idea at him and he's interested in getting back out to the coop with more tools
lol.png
He won't admit it, but he has become totally chicken obsessed. If I haven't seen him for awhile, I know I can find him hanging out in the run with the chicks.)

Thank you for sharing!

big_smile.png
Thanks everyone I think it's really cool too
cool.png

It will diffently run a fan he tested on a fan before setting it up boy it really had that fan a humming..
clap.gif

He is planning to run lights for both duck shed and chicken coop and fan to circulate air for both. We have had our barn with a simlair setup off grid for 4 years now. It has a tracking system on it to follow the sun to get the highest possable charge. Runs lights for tack room, lower storage, stall area, and loft. Of course we are using CFL lights in all..

He is hoping to get his Wind Generator up soon to power our wood furance blower plus a few lights.. Just have to see how it goes....

As I said I am Very Proud of him
love.gif
ya.gif

big_smile.png
Sure DH will have to tell you all how, what & where . I'm just the Oww AAH WOW person he's the Tech of this coop. But he reused old satalite dish brackets & he has made some of his own solar panels.. I will ask him to post some of his info.. will be most likely later this evening though... Gota go get new cell phones... my screen is blank.. so if I don't remember the number I can't call them....

Cool! I love alternative power.

But, why are you getting an inverter? Use a DC light and fan and save a few bucks.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom