Coop and run are DONE!! Well...mabye!

jenni22776rn

Songster
8 Years
Mar 6, 2011
Central Maine
Is a coop and run ever really done?
big_smile.png
Yesterday we finally set up our coop and run. After many months of planning and building and changing everything once there was a fox attack...we got the flock in their new coop. The first night was NOT fun as the flock was not ok with not only a new coop but a whole new location. We had to use the old ramp from the old coop just so they would go into the coop. hen then the next morning..you would think the brand new comfy 3 nesting boxes would be wonderful for the ladies..but um NOO...mad..were they mad at me! It took me putting the old nesting box in the coop for them to lay and our BO Roo had to sit in there with them to relax them...wow! Here are the pix...we have to add the netting on top but have to wait for the rain to stop...
The coop..with a patio out front and lots of room...
81782_001.jpg

81782_005.jpg

81782_011.jpg

This is the old coop and run..it was a fast made run after a fox attack..they were free range prior to...
81782_010.jpg

81782_011.jpg

I kind of wanted something bigger..but now I am glad that I chose the smaller coop..it helps keep out flock size down..as I know that I would want more chickens of it were bigger. As it is I have room for a couple more and I am itching!!
So this is our new coop and today the ladies and the roo love it...and only had 1 injured chicken during the construction..
sad.png

Adorable! i bet there like ducks not fond of change? i know when we upgraded the ducks pool they hated it , were afraid, didn't want to swim in it, now of coarse they love it! and yikes a fox attack! that must have been scary... we had a coon one when we first started that was bad enough...

Last edited:
very cute! the sun deck is adorable and I love the butterflies you put up! I really like your metal roof- that really makes it all look so charming! Where did you get that roof? I looked at Lowes for roofing and didn't see that type of metal?? (I could have missed it, too!)

It's really cute!
smile.png
I think your chickens should appreciate all your hard work-all done with their comfort and safety in mind!
wink.png

The butterflies are beautiful on the coop, very cheerful. How many chickens do you have?

Thanks everyone...and yes the fox attack was VERY scary and not just for me but for my rooster Mr Russell..he got away but it really opened our eyes. From that day on they have been fenced in..it is a daily disscussion for the DH and I..if I had my way, the whole backyard would be fenced in for them but I am content with their area now and they seem to like it. The butterfly picture was my son's idea it says "welcome to our home" and he thought it looked nice for them. It is really amazing to me how the flock becomes such a part of the family and what fun we as the family had getting their home done for them.
The roof I believe was from home depot and it will be so nice this winter as will the patio we made them..it gives them an area that I can shovel off and they can hang out on it.
I have 9 hens and 1 rooster that lives in that coop but I also have 3 little silkies that will soon move into the old smaller coop.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom