Coop Build Deja Vu

All the hardware cloth work is done , just need a few cap strips for the back of the coop tomorrow . The "Ladies First " door will be here Monday , the electric is out to coop , we just need a few odds and ends to get that finished up . Getting close to being finished .

cmb coop 64.jpg

cmb coop 63.jpg

cmb coop 65.jpg

Then what are ya gonna do? :D

I'll enjoy a few easy days and then start paying more attention to the garden . I hope to put up 50 or so qts of tomato sauce , got 35 tomato plants in the garden. I've got enough potatoes planted to hopefully get 125 LBS or more so I'll probably can some of the taters too . Should also get enough wax beans to can 50 pints . I need to start gathering all my canning supplies . I've also got 6 gooseberry bushes I've got to get planted soon , and just started a horseradish patch so next year I'll be grinding that too .

I did very little on the coop today . I did a bit of trim on the nest box and cut out for the pop door . My son in law and his electrician buddy finished up electric to coop . Son in law previously dug trench 80' long x 18" depth and put in conduit and pulled wire . Today they did breaker and wiring into main panel and outside/inside GFI outlets at coop .

cmb coop 66.jpg

cmb coop 67.jpg

The "Ladies First" door came today . Got it mounted and operating in short order , will get the wires sorted and tacked tomorrow . Also used 1 x 2's for door stops around the frames on the coop door and run door . After that I promised the kiddies some pool time today so we headed back home for the day .

cmb coop 68.jpg

Got the nest box dividers done

cmb coop 69.jpg

Just need a 3"- 4" lip at bottom to keep nesting material in the boxes and an entry perch and the nest box will be done
Then got started on the poop boards and perches . Still need to get the edge boards on (tomorrow) and get a ramp or ladder built .

cmb coop 70.jpg

What's left ;
1- Edge boards for poop boards
2- Ramp/ladder up to poop boards/roosts
3- Ramp from pop door down to run
4- Lip and entry roost at nest box
5- Predator apron

Back
Top Bottom