Coop Build Deja Vu

Pics

adirondak5

Chicken Picken
Aug 28, 2019
L.I. , NY
My Coop
My Coop
I built my coop last summer and got my flock of 6 moved in in October . My daughter who lives about 20 minutes away was my partner with the chickies , I built the coop , she bought the chickens . Its worked out really great but she decided she wants her own flock in her yard and asked if I would build her a coop same as mine . My son in law and I got the posts set today , here's a few progress pics .

Pins and strings squared and set

cmb coop 1.jpg

Holes marked

cmb coop 2.jpg

Posts set

cmb coop 3 .jpg

That's it for today , more to come .

Any changes due to lessons learned from the first since they will be the same?

The only change is going to be on the nesting box , I don't think I am going to put a hinged outside access to it , I've never used the outside access on mine , its easier for me or the kids to just grab the eggs from inside when we clean the poop boards or even when not having to clean the poop boards , its just a quick step in the coop and grab the eggs . I think eliminating it makes sense and cuts down on possibility of unwanted access , leaks , and drafts . My daughter agrees . So far that is the only planned change , oh and color , she's going to try to match coop color to color of her house which is a sage green with white trim . She's painting it , she just doesn't know it yet . 😀

Didn't get anything done on coop yesterday because of rain , but did get a load of lumber picked up and put in garage . Rain today so another wash out . Ordered the ladies first Door , Matt says he's got a 3 - 4 week lag on orders to shipping due to slow parts shipping because of Covid , but 3 - 4 week lag will be ok for us . Gotta go pick up some odds and ends today , nails , screws , oil for nail gun etc . Tomorrow is suppose to be clear , will try to get deck framed and deck down .

Back
Top Bottom