Coop build one year later...

Wow! The little details and added care are fantastic! Very Nice!
thumbsup.gif

My wife and I absolutely fell in love with your coop and did our basic design around what you had created! Still have things to do (the devil is in the details!), nest boxes, pop door and such - but the girls love it! I also thank-you for giving me some pointers during my design phase.
28243_img_3335.jpg

28243_img_3334.jpg

Thanks for the updated pic - the landscaping around looks good!

Erik

Erik, it looks great! I like the windows in the coop, I kind of wished I had put some in mine. The main air vent facing the run brings in quite a bit, but it is blocked in the winter.

Is that hardware cloth held on with just staples? If so, a few screws with washers will really increase the security of the fencing.
wink.png

I used poulty staples to hold the hardwire cloth in, they are about 3/4" long. As I add finishing details I am going to screw (with an offset pattern) 2x4's on the overlaps of the wire so My wife has something more to hang planters on so this should just add more security to the hardwire cloth. I think the hardest part about the whole coop and run is all the details that I still want to add, including finishing the popdoor so I don't have to go into the run every morning and open one of the big doors!

Hey there!

We love your coop here in San Diego too. I am having my architect freind play with some plans (he is SUCH a great friend)!

We have to get going soon on our building my girls are tired of the garage! I made them a huge playpen out there, thankfully we have the space, but they will be flying all over soon!

He had some questions about your coops dimensions, could you share them here? Or PM me if you do not wish to post them?

I am thinking your coop itself is 4x8? Is the pen 8x8, it is just hard to tell. Did you wire the whole underneath?

Thank you for posting your design you have been an inspiration for many a novice coop builder!

Nancy

Back
Top Bottom