Coop burn down today.

Nightmares can come true sometimes, I guess. Any idea how in the world it could have happened? Not that it matters now. View it as an opportunity to plan your next coop, what kind of set up you may have wanted at some other time. If you possibly can,try to see it as a way to be better than ever before and turn it into a way to grow. You aren't feeling this way, probably right now. I know my heart would be just sick and I would feel so discouraged, but don't let that feeling win for long! Positive thoughts coming your way! You have my deepest sympathy! I shall look forward to your follow up post that I hope will be full of promise and renewed hope!
hugs.gif
fl.gif

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

I am so sorry for you loss - I am at work tearing up over the loss.

My prayers are with you and your family give your son a big hug for me I know my 12 YO son would be upset also .
hit.gif

Definitely start again...build bigger (for more chickens) and find out what caused the fire (so you can do differently). We are all behind you. I'd offer eggs but my little ones aren't old enough.

There was an old chicken who lived in a shed.
She had so many chicks
She wanted to bang her head
How did this happen, she said to herself
So she fired up the computer
And posted to BYC
Along came Sue with a brand new shanty
I'll take your kids bring them by on the double.
My hens will keep them from too much trouble.

So her chicks packed their bags
And were off in a flash
Happy in their brand new double-wide palace

Show your son that yes, we suffered a loss and yes, it's okay to be sad/angry/frustrated. But we need to start the recovery as soon as possible. It will help the healing process. If he has a hand in making things new again, I bet it will do wonders for him.

This is the saddiest thing I've heard today. I'm so sentimental, I'm sitting here crying too. Wish I was there to comfort you. Give your son and yourselves a big hug from all of us here at BYC. Love ya.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
: hugs

I'm so sorry this happened to you :-(
I think it's wonderful that your Husband wants to help you pick up the pieces and carry on.
Hugs
Michelle

Back
Top Bottom