Coop Camera?

we tried the Alfred app w an old phone but it dies quick. we may run a cord out there bc we do want to view them in real time.

...This panel is overkill but I had bought it for something else and just had it sitting around so I tossed it on top of the coop and just used an old car battery for power storage. You can find smaller, cheaper batteries that are better for small voltage things but again these were just parts I had laying around. The charge controller has two USB plugs so you can run those for the cameras and the DC plugs for a fan etc. If you can stay away from AC products then you don't need a inverter to keep the costs down. I use the same controller in a VW camper van and it works just fine.

Thanks for the info! Do you think you could run an automatic coop door off of this solar setup?

What wifi extender are you using? We already use a multi Orbi system to get decent wifi via Xfinity to three levels of our house. We don't get coverage outside.

Zmodo cameras work well too. They are rated for outdoor use. Affordable. You can watch what's happening real time, and it triggers and records events when it senses movement during the day and night.

I have been testing a couple of Wyze cameras to potentially replace some Reolink cameras I am currently using in the coop. They are half the price of the Reolink. However, they are wireless, and even though my WiFi reaches the coop just fine, the image quality from the Wyze cameras is pretty horrible. I may just stick with the Reolinks. They have proven themselves through two Minnesota winters already, and their image quality has been great.

I’m not giving up on the Wyze cameras yet though. I have a few more things I want to try. It’s also possible I just got a couple of lemons.

following. this is something I've been considering not just for my coop but for outside around the yard. We live in the woods and it would be great to see what goes on out there after dark.

Does anyone have a camera set up in their coop? Kind of like a baby monitor where you can see them from in the house? We just thought it would fun.
Yes we have a camera in the coop and one on each side of the run to have total visibility. One of our businesses is security cameras so we got some really good ones :p

Back
Top Bottom