Coop Camera?

We do too. FDT is the brand. We have one in the coop and one in the run. We did it for fun but then later we also installed a Bluetooth controlled pop door opener so having the cameras allows me to be sure the door closes all the way and opens all the way.

We have two WYZE cameras as well and it's great. One inside and one out in the run. We don't have power run to the back of our yard so to tossed up a solar panel on top of the coop and the cameras run off power from that from the USB.

Plus you can share the link so others can watch! We probably have 15 people watching our birds throughout the day.

Good luck.

What solar panel did you purchase? I'd love to use Wyze, but we don't have power out by the coop.

What solar panel did you purchase? I'd love to use Wyze, but we don't have power out by the coop.
Sorry away from the computer for a bit.. sounds like you got the word on WYZE, I'm sure pros and cons on them but yes at $26 a camera you can't beat it. I'll take some pictures and post them in a bit but it works out great. Depending on your skills and what else you'd like to run off the solar my plan was to run a fan and a security light along with these two cameras. Oh and the outside one we bought a case for it so for $10.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZZMDSQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0O0NN0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This panel is overkill but I had bought it for something else and just had it sitting around so I tossed it on top of the coop and just used an old car battery for power storage. You can find smaller, cheaper batteries that are better for small voltage things but again these were just parts I had laying around. The charge controller has two USB plugs so you can run those for the cameras and the DC plugs for a fan etc. If you can stay away from AC products then you don't need a inverter to keep the costs down. I use the same controller in a VW camper van and it works just fine.

So you get an idea of our setup. I still need to put the battery and charge controller inside (probably just mount it up in a top corner where it's out of the way and they can't jump on top of it) it's working on our end. And you can see when we first just dropped it in the run they would be all interested in it and check it out up close.

Good luck.
Nick

60859055592__4C250134-6990-4ECC-85E7-101D9DB7B312.JPG
IMG_4420.JPG
IMG_7803.JPG
IMG_76AFB414E50F-1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom