Coop caught on FIRE!

So sorry for your loss. Hope the others are doing well.
hugs.gif

59649_100_6083.jpg

One chicken that made it. Please explain the puffiness, and what I can do to help. And on the other side of her, that is my molting Barred Rock, will her feathers continue to grow, even though what happened??

Poor babies...poor you!
hugs.gif
I'm so sorry I can't help with advice as I'm new to all this myself--but can at least offer my sympathy and encouragement to not give up! It's awesome that you're young and having the opportunity to raise these incredibly sweet creatures. It took me nearly 50 years to finally be in a position to do so! Chin up and wishing you all the very best with your brave survivors!!
thumbsup.gif

They Need to see a vet asap so he can put them on the proper meds and maybe even pain med, you dont want them to be in pain and get an infection, burns are terribly painful

Don't give up!! Maybe, if you can afford it, go for a heated pad, one you can attach to the wall of your coop which are perfectly safe - sold on the sites that advertise on here. This is what I am planning to put in next winter for my Silkies...... But so sorry to hear of your loss....

Quote:
No, there is no vet around. Well I think it is. But I don't know. I gave them some medicine, and some scrambled eggs, oatmeal, happy hen treats, and scratch. 2 of them laid eggs today! Haha, that is when we re scrambled them and gave them back to them.

Quote:
A vet who will treat a chicken is extremely hard to find. There may be avian vets all over the place, but they won't treat chickens. I was told by my parrot's vet that the reasoning is that 99.9% of chicken owners are not going to spend maybe hundreds of dollars on medical treatment for a $2 chicken, but if you have a parrot who's worth $1,200 or something, you'd be more likely to spend money on it's health care.

They need an electrolyte mix. preferably one with Vit b complex in it. it will pull them out of shock and rev up the cell matabolism (faster healing).

Back
Top Bottom