1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. cupofJoelene

cupofJoelene Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2015
    [​IMG]

Just added some to our coop and they look so cute! Finally got new layers to figure out where to lay, too. [​IMG]

They also compliment the coop name that we've FINALLY decided on. The Shabby Chic-Inn! Does anyone have any curtain pictures to share? I love how decorative I've seen other BYC members be.

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    I love your curtains, mine are much simpler in design:

[​IMG]

3. cupofJoelene

Jul 8, 2015
    Awesome! Whatever works [​IMG]

4. sunflour

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    With a small coop these get..ahh..soiled. So they hang by velcro, just pull out and replace. Hope yours are not UNDER a roost area..[​IMG]

5. cupofJoelene

Jul 8, 2015

Velcro! Good idea, lol. These are below more nests and we don't get much of a mess over there, fortunately. I guess the chicken keeper in my subconscious was thinking straight when I put the roosts on the opposite end of the coop! It wasn't planned much, just set them up in the easiest place at that time.

6. sunflour

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    If my gals would roost on the other side of the board there would be no problem, but the all want to sleep near the window above the nests, so some poops do land there [​IMG].

I stapled the first set but when had to change it, stapled velcro onto the board above the nests. And sew the other loop velcro on the curtains. Quick change when needed.

Have used the leg of old jeans and just cut strips leaving a continuous band across the top. Would like to use more decorative fabrics, but they are such CHICKEN about changes:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by