coop finished

Fantastic job! In the first picture, looks like you have 2 little doors with a ramp up to one of them. what is the other one for?

Thanks! One box is the nesting box (right) and the other is access to the roost...

Great job!! That's the book I'm using to build mine too. I couldn't figure out how to do the Back side under the roof peak. Now I think I've got it figured out thanks to your pic! THanks! You did a really good job!!

I had a patio covered with metal once, and it did get very hot, even partially shaded.

We put some foil-faced blueboard up on the underside of the metal and it cooled everything right down! Since the chickens probably couldn't get to it to peck you might be OK with adding something like that but not having to put a protective screen over it.

No, there isn't enough room inside. I just bought a large feeder and water containers (galvanized, I think) I plan to suspend them both from the rafters to keep them off the ground. I really love my coop, but now I wish I would have made it a little wider! Post pics of yours when you can!

That is a really cute coop, I like the chicken you have painted on there, is that from the old Kellogs corn flakes box?

LOL! it does look like it, but it's actually clip-art off my computer!

First may I say - your lawn is Gorgeous!

Second - how tall is that? Is tall enough to walk around in easily (ie, without self-inflicted back pain!)

Finally - wow. Just wow - it is a great coop, your girls are going to be so happy.

Back
Top Bottom