Coop fire

donjr721

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 1, 2010
Thanksgiving day 2011 was going well. About 11 am my better half went outside and noticed smoke coming from the garage. I went out, raised the door and the garage was ablaze. My chicken coop was attached to the garage. I got my garden hose in hopes of saving my mobile home which sits only about 6 feet from the garage. I sprayed until my water line melted under the trailer. At this time our jeep was on fire. I ran and moved the other vehicles. I noticed the coop was blazing. I ran over to it an began ripping the chicken wire off and started slinging chickens behind me into the yard. I managed to save 21 out if 22. Our home did not totally burn but suffered too great of damage to save. We are going to save most of our belongings. Just a lot of cleanup. When the fire department gave me the ok to go inside, I got my turkey out of the oven. It was done before all this happened just keeping it warm. Thank God that my wife and daughter and myself are unharmed, iif it happened at night it could have been tragic.

Last edited:
I couldn't even imagine the feelings going through your head right now. I'm glad you and your family are safe
hugs.gif

Click on Uploads. Chose the file. Then submit. Then Pick which picture you want to use. Copy the code underneath the picture. Then Copy the code in the post. Your Picture will now be there

Thankfully your DW noticed the smoke, you and your family are okay, and you saved most of your chickens. Things can be replaced (I know from a similar experience). My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. I hope you have found someplace to stay until you can get everything in order.

Quote:
The choose file button won't work on my phone. It's there but it's not active. When I transfer to my computer I will upload

Back
Top Bottom