Coop fire

ok it looks like the upload worked.

you can see the garage is totally gone, the coop was attached to the side closest to you as you view the picture. the trailer is badly damaged, mainly smoke on the inside. the hall is burnt pretty bad. smoke and soot on everything we own. we have spent the last 4 days cleaning and putting items in totes to store. i posted our address earlier, but am not sure if its ok to ask for help on this website. we are waiting to see if the propery owners insurance is going to help. my address again is:
Don Wilson
10873 E. Stanley Rd
Rockville, IN 47872

Quote:
The fire started in the garage. No lamp on in coop yet. We believe either a compressor or small refrigerator was the culprit

since the fire, i have my chickens in the bantam coop (in the fenced in run area). this weekend i am going to add on to it to give them some more room. i am half tempted to leave them how they are cause they are laying better now than they have in the last few months. i still have so much work to do. we have to find another mobile home and do a bunch more cleanup. it is a slow process. i cannot wait until things are back to normal.

Don.. I just wanted to say how sorry I am.. My son set his room on fire when he was 5 and although his bedroom was the only thing destroyed, it took us 2 months to strip everything out and make it a bedroom again.. Even something as small as that has an enormous impact for the rest of your life.. I couldn't imagine losing almost everything.. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom