Coop help

Theresa K

In the Brooder
Mar 18, 2017
I have been offered a display box that is 92" long by 32" wide and 45" high that is carpenter grade wood inside. It is solid wood. First, can this be easily converted to accommodate 9 birds? What would i need to do to make it comfy? I know i need ventilation and a pop door and roost(s) but what do i need to do?
H E L P!! Thanks.

Last edited:
I have been offered a display box that is 92" long by 32" wide and 45" high that is carpenter grade wood inside. It is solid wood. First, can this be easily converted to accommodate 9 birds? What would i need to do to make it comfy? I know i need ventilation and a pop door and roost(s) but what do i need to do?
H E L P!! Thanks.

I have a box almost that same size... I put a small closable door on the front---center for the chickens to use. a hinge plywood lid on top so I can open for my access/cleaning/etc. A roost pole inside from one end to the other and vents----It works great.

How did you vent the box? Do you have pictures?

I do not have a pic at this time. The small door I just cut and hinge it back in place. I just simply cut some holes the size I wanted low and I use short pieces of 2x4" under the unhinged side of the lid(puts it at a slight angle then and rain runs off better) which I remove in the colder part of winter to slow down the air draft. You can use these on the lower cut holes---they have screens in them to stop critters from crawling through the vent. Work good. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Air-Vent-6-in-L-White-Aluminum-Soffit-Vent/3122657

Well, we finished the coop. The girls are very comfy. It is a stand alone coop. We have a 10x10x6 foot tall dog kennel next to it. Now we need help figuring out how to build a "tunnel" leading from the pop door to the run door. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom