Coop is finally finished

Materials and labor are the main key.
Materials are 267.00-285.00
Labor 11 hours.
Made plenty of them before, but with cedar shakes.

lol ....

Everyone who wants one can have one.

The above estimates of material costs weren't bad. Mine was about $300 but, with care, I could perhaps lower it a little.

Shop time is around $45 per hour.

I estimate about 20 hours shop time per coop, but with an order for say 3, not all from the same person, I could reduce that too.

45 x 20 = 900 plus 300 materials and you can see where Forsham get their prices
smile.png

I'll do them for $800 which means you get me and all the capital I have invested in tooling at a price well below that which most pay to get the oil changed in their cars.

There it is ..... use my design, or buy one from me. I don't mind.

I work in a small shop at home, but I do have bills to pay!

Pretty Nice!!!!

I just wish I had someone with your wood working experience to help my son and me build our coop.

It’s the blind leading the blind here. I’m thinking we will be very lucky to get this thing put together by the first week of April…if that!!!!

It has a tendency to slow the work down a bit when you have to take everything you do apart and redo it several times before you get it right.
roll.png
he.gif

I just wish I had someone with your wood working experience to help my son and me build our coop.

In the end, all it has to do is keep the birds in, the rats out, and the rain off.

Lots of decent nails and screws, soak the thang in preservative, leave a few days and voila!

Looking good, nice touches and the like can all come with practise. I find that the more I do the easier it gets, and each is better than the last.

With this one I learned some things that will make the next one quicker, cheaper and better designed.​

Steve,
If you lived in my neck of the woods, I would be delighted to purchase a coop from you.
smile.png
And yes, hens just need a few basics.... however, *I* need an esthetically pleasing hen house when I look out into my backyard. This little building is certainly pleasing.

Carla

Back
Top Bottom