Coop paint

Light colors reflect light making a better lit coop. Paint protects surfaces from moisture. Some paints may help keep mites and other small crawlies away (I think whitewash has this property). Also, it's a good way to cover up some of those "Oh well, it's only a chicken coop" moments that have occurred during the build.

Light colors reflect light making a better lit coop. Paint protects surfaces from moisture. Some paints may help keep mites and other small crawlies away (I think whitewash has this property). Also, it's a good way to cover up some of those "Oh well, it's only a chicken coop" moments that have occurred during the build.

All for keeping down "crawlies"! What kind of paint?

Whitewash as mentioned. I'm not familiar with it's use personally though. As i understand, it isn't suited for every surface, the antibacterial and pest repelling properties aren't really that strong, and it can be a pain to apply.

Whitewash is good for crawlies, you mix water an white lime (can't remember the ration but I'm sure it is somewhere online) together and paint it on. The white colour is good for seeing mites etc crawling on the walls and gives the house a lighter feel

Whitewash is good for crawlies, you mix water an white lime (can't remember the ration but I'm sure it is somewhere online) together and paint it on. The white colour is good for seeing mites etc crawling on the walls and gives the house a lighter feel
However, one thing I've heard bad experiences about was using whitewash on a surface that has all ready been painted with a modern paint. It can just fall off. Whitewash in my understanding needs a bit of a rough surface to properly stick.

Back
Top Bottom