Paint fumes

Jackson F

In the Brooder
Aug 14, 2023
Hey all, I am having the house painted and I don’t want to have the paint fumes harm the chickens. The chicken coop is about 6-8 feet from the house. Will the fumes hurt the chickens? Should I move them elsewhere? Cover up the coop? If anyone could help me that would be fantastic.

I'm glad this was answered because my neighbors are frequently creating new odors (burning tires?) and I'm paranoid my chickens will drop dead.

I'm glad this was answered because my neighbors are frequently creating new odors (burning tires?) and I'm paranoid my chickens will drop dead.
Burning tires is very dangerous for many reasons - the smoke they produce is toxic (to both chickens and people), the fires are very hard to extinguish once they get going, the cleanup afterwards is difficult because they leave toxic residue, they're bad for the environment (because of both the toxic smoke and the residue left on the ground afterwards) etc. That's why burning tires is banned or illegal in a lot of places. If your neighbors are burning tires, you should contact your local authorities, for everybody's health's sake.

Back
Top Bottom