coop pics for ducks/designs??

The pic I posted earlier was the day it went up and now here are some updated pics to what I have done to make it as safe as I can...As I stated before I live in the middle of the city not to many things here to worry about..Dog,racoon I do use a dog kennel 10x10x6 it has welded pipes and wire aross the top not just a tarp..I have 1x1 mesh wire wrapped 24ins high around the whole cage I have nesting boxes or houses huge ones full of hay and a pool I also have traps set around..So I beleive I am doing as much as I can...So if anyone thinks I could be doing more any ideas are welcome ..just trying to help is always welcome...

19025_0220_2.jpg

19025_016.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it looks pretty good! And how do you like your fly sticks? I got some the other day that I really love... They look like stars or something... the total area on them for flys to stick to is increased because of its shape...(I sound like a fly nerd), anyway do the sticks work ok?

I love the fly traps they seem to be working great..I just wish there was no flys!!!I put a couple up this morning and the flys are stuck like crazy!! They are sticky.....

Ok, I cleaned up this thread.

Trenary Duck Farms, you think the coop designs can be improved on. Please help out with practical suggestions that are helpful. THanks!
smile.png

Everyone else edited... quit flaming and carrying it on by quoting and quoting. Don't challenge. That makes you just as bad.

I used to use a dog kennel for my chickens several years ago and never had anything get them.... I have to say I think you did a good job ...

Here are some pics of my mandarin pen... in progress. I kind of threw it together so I could get them out of the house. I still have lots of work to do especially inside the pen. I will be adding some tree limbs and some nest boxes soon. I should have the outside finished up this weekend if weather permits. I built a raised bed pen due to the uneven ground. I plumbed a bathtub drain into the pond and out the side of the raised bed for easy draining and refilling. Most of the bed is filled with pea gravel for drainage. I have the rear section mulched which has proven to be great for bugs (good duck snacks). The roof above the mulched area is chicken wire so it's sort of self cleaning (as long as it rains occasionally). The rest of the pen has roof panels to provide some shelter and to help minimize leaves in the pond. Oh, in case you are wondering about the cage inside of the pen... I am acclimating a few younger mandarins to their new roommates

33815_duckpen1.jpg

33815_duckpen2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom