Coop Reconstructed!!! **MANY PICS**

FarmerGrant011

Songster
8 Years
May 25, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
Well, this week i have started doing a lot of work on my chicken coop. With the break in all, I have worked a lot on it. This is what it used to look like before I did anything.

93421_coooooooop.jpg

We took the roof off and basically left it with just the bones (framework.) Yesterday this is what it looked like. The only thing I did was extend the wall frames.

93421_1st.jpg

Here is what the base look likes

93421_base.jpg

But yeah this was all the first day (yesterday.)

Today we built the nest boxes.

93421_nestboxx.jpg

Milk crates I got from my mom's job.

Here is where I put it.

93421_both.jpg

I made 6.

Here is the roof. It was sooo heavy for me to lift up on top of this thing! I used the ladder and made a ghetto version of a pulley/crane system!
woot.gif

93421_roof.jpg

And now this is what I have done so far!
wee.gif
wee.gif

93421_whole.jpg

Oh and that corrigated roof in there is just sitting there, I dont know what I am going to do with it yet...
caf.gif
caf.gif
I am going to line the front (where there is no plywood) with hardware cloth, then I will cut out a little door for the chickens. On the other side, I am going to put a door in for me. I am going to start trying to put in roost tomorrow. Just wanted to show everyone my progress, Hope yall have a happy new years!

Grant

How big is it? It appears to be about 4'X4', which in my opinion, is pretty small for ten birds even though they will only use it to lay and roost.

Back
Top Bottom