coop storage area

Vinniemac

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 9, 2011
Western Pennsylvania
I plan on keeping 4 to 6 hens and want build a coop with a partioned of storage area .For the chicken supplies and tools. this will be my first a raising chickens. My question is what size should the storage area be?

Thanks Vince

Well, in order to figure that out, you will have to consider what you will want to store in the storage area. You might consider keeping in there food (in a garbage can/plastic locking bin), scratch (in a garbage can/plastic locking bin), a hoe/rake for mixing up the bedding, a dust broom, and few other small miscellaneous articles (flashlight, etc.) So, I would think that your storage space could be highly variable, depending on what you planned to store in there and your current coop design. If you make it unnecessarily big, of course, you could always store other tools or yard/farm equipment in there, too.
smile.png

My building is 8x16. 10ft is storage (lawn tractor, garden/yard tools, feed) the other 6ft is coop. Love having the open area as a place to work when its cold and wet. The size of the storage area you want depends on what you want to keep in there..

Back
Top Bottom