Cooptender coop door problems help needed

@Zwillingsmama,
Will you please trace where wires 3 and 4 go to? You said 3 goes to the battery - does it terminate at a battery spade plug? Wire 4 goes to a white connector, so you will have to trace it beyond that point to see where it goes.

7310db2d-1502-4d28-bdb8-f003f41adc3c-jpeg.1633009

FA312417-385D-47DB-959C-3625C4885502.jpeg
Wire 3 ends in a battery connector I assume that’s what you call a spade. You can see the end in a previous picture - I circled it yellow.
I took a picture of where 4 goes and circled the wires pink. I think it goes to what is called motherboard (the green thing where most of the wires end)

Maybe that helps a bit. The white and the orange connect to the solar. Black And The red connects to the cn2 (I accidentally labeled black wire number 2 - that is not so wire number 2 goes to CN1), the grey goes to the battery and the far right pinkish one is wire number4

Attachments

• A4C81589-96D5-4768-BA79-A162FB57F044.jpeg
    A4C81589-96D5-4768-BA79-A162FB57F044.jpeg
    360.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Maybe that helps a bit. The white and the orange connect to the solar. Black And The red connects to the cn2, the grey goes to the battery and the far right pinkish one is wire number4

Yeah that helps a lot. So when you connect the battery to the orange and white wires (solar) the system works?

They go through an extension and the extension I would feed into the charger (that would be my understanding how it should work) but if I do it that way the system is dead. If I connect the extension directly to the battery the system will work until the battery is drained

I just changed the solar controller out with an old one and the door is on (maybe I don’t understand how the new one works) however I do believe the battery will drain overnight

I just changed the solar controller out with an old one and the door is on (maybe I don’t understand how the new one works) however I do believe the battery will drain overnight

How do you make sure the battery is fully charged? I'd put it on a charger if you have one instead of relying on the solar panel.

Back
Top Bottom