Copperheads are out

MRNpoultry

Songster
11 Years
Mar 2, 2008
Gibsonville, NC
I went down to the garage to check on my chicks. When I opened up the garge door there was cooperhead right at the door. I ran up to the barn and a hoe to hit him with. When I went back down my chickens where attacking him. I shewed them away and killed the snake. My dad was suppose to spread hay today so if he would had reached down there it chould have bit him. We didn't see no cooper heads last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have copperheads bad here. Haven't seen one yet this year but it is that time of year that you have to be careful and before you stick your hand or arm in somewhere you need to look or shake it first. A copperhead was under my son's tonka dumptruck last year. It was upside down and my son went to turn it over and that thing was right there coiled up looking at him. :eek:

We usally get them and water mocisons real bad here.
Least he didn't get bit. When I was cleaning the coop out a week ago a black widow was in there.

We have them here too but I usually see them closer to water. There is alot of suspicion that they are cross breeding, my dad killed a snake a few years ago that nobody could recognize. It looked like a copperhead but was a little different. I had a lot of garter snakes last year but they were nasty, one actually raised up and struck at my sons friend. I think they came out of the fields after they were mowed.

yikes i hate snakes they give me the heebe jeebies:eek: cooperheads are well known around hear for all the rocks. just down the road my one neighbor was bitten and had to be medivacted out because of a bite

Last edited:
Rattlers have been out here for over a month in So Cal. I would love to see a real copperhead and water moccasin.

Bubba

We have copperheads here and we try very hard to keep things clean, mowed and picked up! I would have a heart attack if I was ever bitten! Scared to death of them..Dixie

It's been a warm and fairly wet winter here Chickenboy, I'm afraid we are in for it this year with critters. The drought drove them out from the wet areas of the woods and creek beds up into the yards & gardens. Wasn't cold enough this year drive them back.

PS glad you and your dad didn't meet up with him unexpectently

Last edited:
PS glad you and your dad didn't meet up with him unexpectently

I am to. It would have been bad if we reached to pick up some hay and he bit one of us.

My brooder is in the garge chould one climb up the said of a rubbermaid container?​

Back
Top Bottom