Corid Alternative?

Frizzlett98

Songster
9 Years
Jun 22, 2014
Southwest Virginia
I have a chick that has been dealing with Coccidiosis for over a week. We did Corid in the water for 7 days. She’s better but not 100%. She’s still puffed up and looking a little uncomfortable. I looked at her droppings under a microscope so I know coccidia was the problem. There was a LOT. What else besides Corid could I give her? She’s the only one out of 11 that was symptomatic which I thought was strange. I’m going to look at her droppings again in a bit to know for sure.

I did direct doses for several days until I saw improvement and then just in the water afterwards. BUT I just remembered my silly husband inaccurately measured the water when I tasked him with medicating them, and he was giving them more along the lines of the preventative dose instead for the first day or two. 🤦‍♀️ She doesn’t have nearly as much coccidia in her droppings today, though. Should I just continue with Corid for her for a few more days?

I did direct doses for several days until I saw improvement and then just in the water afterwards. BUT I just remembered my silly husband inaccurately measured the water when I tasked him with medicating them, and he was giving them more along the lines of the preventative dose instead for the first day or two. 🤦‍♀️ She doesn’t have nearly as much coccidia in her droppings today, though. Should I just continue with Corid for her for a few more days?
All chickens have coccidia in their poop, I wouldn't worry if you still see dome.

All chickens have coccidia in their poop, I wouldn't worry if you still see dome.
I know they do but she just seems like she’s still uncomfortable. She lays down a lot, stands often huddled up in a ball. Last fecal sample had thousands of coccidia. This time, maybe 10-15 that I could see. So it’s greatly improved. I just don’t know what else could be wrong if it’s not that.

I know they do but she just seems like she’s still uncomfortable. She lays down a lot, stands often huddled up in a ball. Last fecal sample had thousands of coccidia. This time, maybe 10-15 that I could see. So it’s greatly improved. I just don’t know what else could be wrong if it’s not that.
It won't hurt to continue.(From what I've been told) We had a recent outbreak and used the last of the gallon we made up until it was gone, which was like day 10 of them drinking on their own.

Back
Top Bottom