Corid, Cocci?, Not better after 5 days...

two *teaspoons*, not two tablespoons. :D

I took pics of the label and will make sure they are readable then post here. I am really shocked that I was that far off! I am by no means a math whiz, but I'm also not usually this idiotic, especially when it comes to my beloved pets.
Good news is that none of them "appear" to have suffered immediate consequences, Thank God!
I'm still very concerned about long term effects etc.
I also have to say thank you for being kind and compassionate when I most likely deserve a good strong telling off. It means a lot to me.
Checking the pics now.

Label
It used to be possible to upload a pic from my gallery. This time I was unable and had to retake the pic in order to include it in the post. Is that how it's supposed to work on this new version of the site?

Attachments

• 20170610_121357.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
If the picture is on your computer you can upload it by clicking the blue "upload a file button", or you can drag and drop from your computer to the reply box/window.

Did that work at all?
There's got to be a better way.
1st though can you see the pic?
2nd, how can I do it so it's visible within the post.
Sorry.
I can see it now! Uploading pictures on the new system takes a little getting used to. :) There are several ways to do it. I use the mountain icon to post pictures on the web, and the "upload "full image" to post from my hard drive. I have not figured out how to post from my phone yet.

Here is the Corid label from the web. You gotta click on it to be able to read it, lol.
corid-01.jpg

Keep in mind those directions are for cattle, not poultry. Double the dose for poultry. :)

image.cfm
I clicked upload a file then it let me access my gallery which is what appeared in the post I made.
Hmmm... I'm gonna play with that feature!

Okay, so Corid liquid is 9.6% amprolium, but doesn't have poultry instructions. All 9.6% liquids can bu used, and Amprol makes a product labeled for poultry.

Ok so I just did terrible math. I feel really bad for doing that to my chickens.
The good news part is they're all ok. The only issue I see is runny rusty color poops from a few of them and I hope it can be attributed to the overage of Corid. I will hope and trust that goes away while they're on the 7-14 days follow up.
I've gone ahead and started the right dose you listed for the follow up 7-14 days.

I am concerned about the stresses involved in making "the big move" to the "Upstairs" coop/pen. Now that the pen has been free of raccoon attacks for a few months I am intending to reduce the over population that I believe (in combination with moving juvies into one of the front pens) started the whole cocci drama.

This isn't the forum nor thread to elaborate and ask the questions I have about those move decision since the questions I'm pondering have to do with genetic combinations that will produce one thing or another that are goals to occur and interests to be explored.
That I'll post in whatever other area that I find best suits that subject.
Thanks again for this big help!

Last edited:
Having seen the label I posted, is it the same? or was I any closer on the dosage?

The cattle directions on your bottle are below, but here is my math:
Cattle dose
One bottle make 100 gallons
  • 16 ounces = 473 ml
  • 473 / 100 = 4.73 ml per gallon, or one teaspoon (5 ml)

Poultry dose is twice that, so two teaspoons per gallon.

"In Drinking Water
Mix CORID daily with fresh drinking water.

5-DAY TREATMENT: Add CORID 9.6% Oral Solution to drinking water at the rate of 16 fl oz/100 gal. At the usual rate of water consumption this will provide an intake of approximately 10 mg amprolium/kg (2.2 lb) body weight. Offer this solution as the only source of water for 5 days. Use on a herd basis only; when one or more calves show signs of coccidiosis, it is likely that the rest of the group has been exposed, and all calves in the group should be treated.

21-DAY PREVENTION: During periods of exposure or when experience indicates that coccidiosis is likely to be a hazard, add CORID 9.6% Oral Solution to drinking water at the rate of 8 fl oz/100 gal. At usual rates of water consumption this will provide an intake of approximately 5 mg amprolium/kg (2.2 lb) body weight. Offer this solution as the only source of water for 21 days."

CORID 9.6% Oral Solution
This page contains information on CORID 9.6% Oral Solution for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
  • CORID 9.6% Oral Solution Indications
  • Warnings and cautions for CORID 9.6% Oral Solution
  • Direction and dosage information for CORID 9.6% Oral Solution
CORID 9.6% Oral Solution
This treatment applies to the following species:
Manufacturer: Merial
(amprolium)

Coccidiostat

Active Ingredient
amprolium

9.6%

NADA 013-149, Approved by FDA

CORID 9.6% Oral Solution Indications
An aid in the treatment and prevention of coccidiosis caused by Eimeria bovis and E. zuernii in calves. For a satisfactory diagnosis a microscopic examination of the feces should be done before treatment. When treating outbreaks, drug should be administered promptly after diagnosis is determined.

Dosage and Administration
5-Day Treatment Protocol

21-Day Prevention Protocol

Daily Dosage: 10 mg amprolium/kg
(10 mg per 2.2 lb body weight)

Daily Dosage: 5 mg amprolium/kg
(5 mg per 2.2 lb body weight)

USE DIRECTIONS: There are 96 mg of amprolium in every 1 mL of CORID 9.6% Solution.

1 fl oz = 29.57 mL

1 fl oz = 2 measuring tablespoonfuls

8 fl oz = 1/2 pint (236.56 mL)

16 fl oz = 1 pint (473.12 mL)

In Drinking Water
Mix CORID daily with fresh drinking water.

5-DAY TREATMENT: Add CORID 9.6% Oral Solution to drinking water at the rate of 16 fl oz/100 gal. At the usual rate of water consumption this will provide an intake of approximately 10 mg amprolium/kg (2.2 lb) body weight. Offer this solution as the only source of water for 5 days. Use on a herd basis only; when one or more calves show signs of coccidiosis, it is likely that the rest of the group has been exposed, and all calves in the group should be treated.

21-DAY PREVENTION: During periods of exposure or when experience indicates that coccidiosis is likely to be a hazard, add CORID 9.6% Oral Solution to drinking water at the rate of 8 fl oz/100 gal. At usual rates of water consumption this will provide an intake of approximately 5 mg amprolium/kg (2.2 lb) body weight. Offer this solution as the only source of water for 21 days.

As A Drench
CORID drench solutions may be stored in a clean, closed, labeled container for up to 3 days.

5-DAY TREATMENT: Add 3 fl oz CORID 9.6% Oral Solution to 1 pt of water and, with a dose syringe, give 1 fl oz of this drench solution for each 100 lb (45 kg) body weight. This will provide a dose of approximately 10 mg amprolium/kg (2.2 lb) body weight. Give daily for 5 days. Use on a herd basis only; when one or more calves show signs of coccidiosis, it is likely that the rest of the group has been exposed, and all calves in the group should be treated.

21-DAY PREVENTION: During periods of exposure or when experience indicates that coccidiosis is likely to be a hazard, add 1 1/2 fl oz of CORID 9.6% Oral Solution to 1 pt of water and, with a dose syringe, give 1 fl oz of this drench solution for each 100 lb (45 kg) body weight. This will provide a dose of approximately 5 mg amprolium/kg (2.2 lb) body weight. Give daily for 21 days.

1111006_arrow_left_03.png

RESIDUE WARNINGS: Withdraw 24 hours before slaughter. A withdrawal period has not been established for this product in pre-ruminating calves. Do not use in calves to be processed for veal.

1111006_arrow_right_03.png

WARNING: NOT FOR USE IN HUMANS. Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children. The Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) contains more detailed occupational safety information. To report adverse reactions in users, to obtain more information, or to obtain a MSDS, contact Merial at 1-888-637-4251.

PRECAUTIONS: FOR ORAL USE IN ANIMALS ONLY. MAY CAUSE EYE IRRITATION. For irritation, flush with plenty of water; get medical attention.

Restricted Drug (California) - Use only as directed.

STORAGE: Store between 5° - 25° C (41° - 77° F) with brief excursions to 40° C.

Benzoic acid 0.1% added as preservative

Technical Assistance: 1-888-637-4251

www.corid.com

Distributed By: Merial Limited, 3239 Satellite Blvd., Duluth, GA 30096-4640, U.S.A.

® CORID and the CATTLE HEAD logo are registered trademarks of Merial Limited.

Net Contents:

Product #

16 oz (473 mL)

1022-2220-02

Rev. 02-2008

1 gal. (128 fl. oz.) (3,785 mL)

23101A

1022-1736-03

Rev. 10-2007

CPN: 1111006.6

MERIAL LTD.
Merial is now part of Boehringer Ingelheim
3239 SATELLITE BLVD., DULUTH, GA, 30096

Telephone: 888-637-4251
www.frontline.com/gold/Pages/default.aspx
usa_flag.gif
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the CORID 9.6% Oral Solution information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.

Back
Top Bottom