Corid, Cocci?, Not better after 5 days...

Okay, so this thread has taken off on me. That's completely fine, but while I have you guys here. This is after day 5 of higher dose corid treatment. My other two girls have really nice normal looking poops, just the one left. Anyone know if this is an okay poop or if this means that something else is wrong? Tomorrow I plan to start them on some vitamins, and hopefully that will help her gain more weight and get the strength back in her wings (they are still dragging just a little low).
IMG_2298.JPG

Okay, so this thread has taken off on me. That's completely fine, but while I have you guys here. This is after day 5 of higher dose corid treatment. My other two girls have really nice normal looking poops, just the one left. Anyone know if this is an okay poop or if this means that something else is wrong? Tomorrow I plan to start them on some vitamins, and hopefully that will help her gain more weight and get the strength back in her wings (they are still dragging just a little low).View attachment 1039217
The FDA and the mfg's suggest 7-14 days following the five day dose:
Liquid - 1/2 teaspoon for 7-14 days
Powder - 1/3 teaspoon for 7-14 days

Can you post a picture of her poop without any dirt? And maybe a picture of her?

I can do that in the morning, you mean another 7-14 days of treatment? She had 5 days of treatment where I was only giving about 1/2 tsp before I learned I needed to do more. I really am nervous about how much she weighs, I'm afraid to keep her on it. She's eating good, just is still skinny.

I can do that in the morning, you mean another 7-14 days of treatment? She had 5 days of treatment where I was only giving about 1/2 tsp before I learned I needed to do more. I really am nervous about how much she weighs, I'm afraid to keep her on it. She's eating good, just is still skinny.
It's up to you... just want people to know what the directions actually say.

Poop in current picture not cecal poop. Appears to have lots of water in it. Overall, bird still having trouble scavenging water from digesta making bird still prone to dehydration.

I can't get a good poop picture today, it's a lot more watery and she's not exactly pooping where I want her to, lol. Its a warm 90 out today, so I expect a little panting, but she how she's holding her wing low? The other girls have their wings up much higher.

What does it mean if she's prone to dehydration? Is there anything I can do?

IMG_2309.JPG

I was giving them cooled watermelon, but how else can I get them to drink more? They don't seem interested in any other iced treats so far.

Fresh clean chilled water changed out through out the da is the only thing I can think of.
If their water is hot they may not want to drink it much.
You could place frozen water bottle inside their waterer.

In case anyone is interested in updates, I did take a leap of faith and chose to stop the corid (in all, they were on it for about 11-12 days, 5 days were high dose) so that I could put vi-tal in the water, and she's already showing signs of improvement. Her wings are starting to rest higher, her poops are more solid (though still a bit soft), and she's put on some weight in the last two days. I have no doubt that the corid helped right in the beginning, things were happening fast - my one died and this one was showing the same weakness signs, and the corid definitely stopped it and improved it a bit, but then she plateaued and wasn't improving anymore. Even though it's hot as can be, its noticeable today. I feel like I can breathe a little easier....I'm looking forward to seeing how she's doing tomorrow. I think we might be passed all this, fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom