Corid Dosage... no more confusion :)

Quote:
Sorry, Mmaddies's Mom, I was gone all day, or I would have tried to help you out.

So does anyone know if 2 tsp per gallon is correct for the liquid? If so I am going to write it on the packages with black magic markers because my memory is shot !!
barnie.gif

Last edited:
mmaddie's mom :

bow.gif
dawg53... you rock!

I spent about 4 hours with my calculator yesterday figuring that out (rechecked several times), no brainiac Einstein here. I'm dosing my rooster with corid right now and he's isolated in the hospital cage....a gallon is way too much for him and would be wasteful.​

Quote:
Ok, I understood the 9.55cc added to 1 gallon of water. Then the 2.375cc per quart. Then 1.1875cc's per pint/cup of water right? How many TBLS is 1.1875 cc's ?

This is for the liquid corid right? Was I correct at 2 tsp or 2.5 tsp per gallon? Even Close?

If you are using cc's how are you measuring the 1.875cc, with a syringe??

Quote:
Ok, I understood the 9.55cc added to 1 gallon of water. Then the 2.375cc per quart. Then 1.1875cc's per pint/cup of water right? How many TBLS is 1.1875 cc's ?

This is for the liquid corid right? Was I correct at 2 tsp or 2.5 tsp per gallon? Even Close?

I'm using a syringe. Remember, cc's are the same as ml's. If you have measuring spoons that small for ml's (milliliters) measurements, you're lucky. IMO that's why a syringe is easier to measure small doses. Feed stores sell them as well as pharmacies. I didnt convert for teaspoons and tablespoons with the 9.6% oral solution, only the 20% soluable. It would be interesting to find out. If I was dosing for all my chickens I'd try it out, but I'm only dosing for my roo.

Quote:

I'm using a syringe. Remember, cc's are the same as ml's. If you have measuring spoons that small for ml's (milliliters) measurements, you're lucky. IMO that's why a syringe is easier to measure small doses. Feed stores sell them as well as pharmacies. I didnt convert for teaspoons and tablespoons with the 9.6% oral solution, only the 20% soluable. It would be interesting to find out. If I was dosing for all my chickens I'd try it out, but I'm only dosing for my roo.

Is there even a line on the syringe for 1.875 or are you just getting close? I don't have a syringe handy to look at, sorry.

Thanks Much for all of your help !

mmaddie's mom :

I figured out ( by dividing 10 by 125 ) that I need .08 oz. of Corid powder in a gallon of water. 8/100 oz.? How can I translate that to teaspoons, etc? I'm no math wiz and can use some help.
And that is the dosage for a calf... would that work for a banty chicken?
thanks again.

You would have to do it with a scale. That is a weight ounce, not a fluid ounce.

Think about a pound of feathers vs. a pound of rocks. You have no way of knowing how heavy a particular volume of the powder is, without weighing it.

For water, a weight ounce and a fluid ounce are basically the same.​

Back
Top Bottom