1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Corid dose

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by julielaur, Aug 20, 2016.

1. julielaur

julielaur New Egg

Sep 7, 2014
    Novato California
    I have 1 chicken that needs to start treatment immediately . Is anyone familiar with giving corid liquid by oral syringe. NOT mixed in water. need to figure out dose for a 3lb hen

2. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    9.6% solution?
    Bumping to emergency/disease forum.....and tagging @casportpony

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  3. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    Kathy helped with this one the other day-post#8
    Tube the Corid water to her. Her daily dose should be no less than 0.02 ml of undiltued Corid per 100 grams.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1127323/giving-corrid-to-sick-chick

If nothing else make your solution and syringe or tube the water into her. Corid is mild so would overdosing would be unlikely.

Corid dosage for Cocci is 1 1/2 teaspoons Corid powder per gallon or 2 teaspoons of 9.6% Corid liquid per gallon.
    Give for 5-7 days - make sure this is the ONLY water available during that time period. Mix a fresh batch at least once a day.

After you finish treatment offer some poultry vitamins and probiotics/plain yogurt.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/818879/updated-corid-and-amprol-amprolium-dosing

2 people like this.
  4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    @julielaur , welcome to BYC!

Undiluted dose is 0.28 ml for a 3 pound hen. Okay to give this in addition to water medicated with 2 teaspoons of 9.6% liquid Corid.

-Kathy

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by