Corid not working for chicks with coccidia?

Kennas_Kritters

Songster
Dec 30, 2019
Polk City, FL
My Coop
My Coop
So a few days ago I noticed one of my chicks was lethargic and had its eyes closed sitting in a corner. It's poop had some blood in it and a bit of mucus stuff so obviously my first thought was coccidia. They're all about 4 weeks old. I went to the store to get some liquid corid to treat them and by the time I got home that chick had passed away. The other chicks that were in with it looked and acted ok but I did notice some blood and mucous in their poop so I started treatment. I added 1 tsp to a half gallon of water and gave that to them as their only source of water. I moved them into a pen with a wire bottom so their poop would drop through the bottom to prevent them from eating or stepping in the poop. They all looked fine when treatment started but the next day 2 more were dead. They seemed fine the day before. Now today day 4 of treatment another is very lethargic. I've seen it drink the corid water and I even added some of the medicated water to their food to make sure they're all getting some. It's very weak and lethargic. It looked perfectly fine yesterday. What should I do? The rest of the chicks look ok right now but so did the others before they dropped dead. 🙁 Was I to late with treatment or is there something else I could do?

I put the chick that's acting lethargic in its own little pen with paper towels on the bottom so I could see it's poop and now it's poop looks normal. 🤷🏼‍♀️ It's still acting lethargic though.... What the heck could be going on? This chick hadn't touched the ground before it started acting weird.

Attachments

• Snapchat-946193125.jpg
    Snapchat-946193125.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 16

Back
Top Bottom