Cornish Crosses pretty athletic when not stuffed.

Quackter

Songster
May 15, 2019
I picked up five Cornish Crosses this spring. I have heard all the stories of how they will eat themselves right to death's door, and how they are a genetic mess and burn out. I raised these with the other chicks, tractor'd and moved to fresh grass daily, reasonable supplemental food. They are a really surprisingly viable foraging bird, good attitude, surprisingly agile. One escaped and as I was going to catch it, we seen it evade a hawk, it was impressive. Other than pecking my hand for food, they're really docile. Kinda a shame that they are destined to be beside potatoes. They came from two different big box farm stores, so I am sure they aren't the same as Tyson's. Two of them are hens, has anyone ever kept one more than six months? If so, did they lay?

I want to see pictures and videos. I am helping with rearing of over a hundred of the the muscle bound feeder worshippers and they are not athletes unless based on pooping ability.

I want to see pictures and videos. I am helping with rearing of over a hundred of the the muscle bound feeder worshippers and they are not athletes unless based on pooping ability.
Here's the main escape artist. They are solid white the brown mottle is from dust bathing in the feed lot next door, then getting a light rain on them. Don't really want to pressure wash them. The up close picture is of his wings, they are clipped back to about half of what I normally would, I had to clip them back further, because even as short as they are now, it is still getting over a 4 foot fence. Fed heavy, I have no doubt they would act just like they are supposed to, essentially free range, supplemented, they're not acting any different than my other birds.
CX3.jpg
CX2.jpg
CX1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom