cornish lovers

M.J

Songster
12 Years
Apr 15, 2007
Maryland
do you have cornishes and if so what kind . as well since i didn't mention what kind i have i will know i have one black cornish, three dark cornishes one is a rooster, one white cornish, and one red laced white cornish and they are all bantams
i just love them dont you:p

I love them, but I certainly have no good Cornish stock. I have Dark Cornish (standard) which I'm using to develop some meat chickens. I'd love some white ones; but very few people breed them and they usually aren't willing to part with them.

I was at a poultry show a couple weeks ago. There were a good number of bantams... Dark and WRL.

Thats my birds are show birds so they are of a better stock and not really for meat which i wouldnt dream of doing since when you name them you cannot eat them

guess who gets what names
theres
molly
willow
wilara
wyatt
and godiva

I have some standard sized dark cornish. They're interesting birds. Funny too, my DC roo loves my barred rock hens. Too much I think, one of the hens was getting quite angry when he'd come around her! lol

I don't have any but they are next on my wish list. I saw some I fell in love with at a bantam show a few weeks ago. I could have bought four hens and a Roo for 35 dollars but the owner was not there for me to ask questions. The Rooster looked like he had some age on him looking at his spurs. The man running the Poultry show was taking care of them till the owner got there but I never did see him before I had to go.

For a while, I had a full sized white cornish hen.

I saw her at a grainstore in not very good condition and didn't have the heart to leave her there. At the time, we thought she was a leghorn. Turns out she was a 3 month old cornish hen, she was as big as a leg horn but still peeped!

I got her healthy and she grew to be about 12 or 13 pounds and she regularly layed double yolked eggs.

I unfortunately lost her that winter from some kind of flu or respiratory infection
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom