Cornish rock?

I have a feeling they were crossed with delewares. I know they are Cornish rock crosses. They are weighing in at 2 pounds now. If they are part deleware will they be ready to harvest by 10 weeks or should I wait longer?

I don't think they're cornish crosses. Cx at five weeks are more like 4+ lbs. When to harvest depends on how big you want them. Most dual purpose roos are harvested around 18 weeks.

They look just like mine which are supposed to be cornish rock, mine are 7 weeks and they are huge, 2 are not getting feathers as fast as the others, bare buts and under the wings, is that normal?

My neighbor went to TSC and came back with 5 chicks for me. Supposed to be laying hens. the box was marked Cornish Rocks, which as I read up on them, don't appear to be very good at laying, and may be a straight run, so may not be hens...... can anyone tell. From what I've read TSC is not the best at accuracy, so I can only hope they were wrong on these. Feathers are coming in white.

im not an expert at all but my cornish rocks dont have color other than white but they sure are big they could just have a variation of color? maybe?

Back
Top Bottom