Cornish rocks and white leghorns

They should be mostly meat birds and a couple white leghorns. The meat birds were supposed to be cornish rocks though. I'll be just as happy if they are white rocks though so I'll get some eggs and eat a couple roosters. It actually worked out better because I was trying to figure out where I was gonna put 50 chickens in the freezer now I can just do a couple at a time. Get some white and brown eggs.

I originally wanted buff Orpingtons but for 50 cents a chick I couldn't pass up the deal.

I feel bad for my buddy because i didn't have a big enough coop for 100 birds so he took half thinking hed be processing them in 8 weeks. Now he's gonna be stuck with em. I'm gonna try and build a coop add on and get his. He said if they start crowing they're getting a bullet so I guess I better hurry.

Last edited:
Well they got a little older so let's see if we can nail down what kind of chickens these are. There is 3 different kinds.

These are by far the biggest and widest chickens. They have a small bright red comb and red earlobes. They are mostly white but have some off white maybe almost tan patches. They have a easy going temperament and won't let me touch them but will walk up and gently peck my hand if I hold it out. Their tails are short and don't stand up.

The other 2 im pretty sure are white leghorns just roosters and hens and unfortunately are the majority of the group. They are extremely skiddish. They have either extremely large red combs and wattles or no wattles at all and small orangish combs. They have long tails and they stick straight up when they walk. They have red around their faces and pink around the earlobes but the earlobes are white. The feathers are all solid white.

[VIDEO]

[/VIDEO]

Last edited:
Are the red sex link roosters the big ones with the tan splotches? Most of the ones i see online have really dark brown patches by the wings. Is that something that these should develop over time?

Are the red sex link roosters the big ones with the tan splotches? Most of the ones i see online have really dark brown patches by the wings. Is that something that these should develop over time?
Correct. They start out white, and then gradually develop red as they mature. Some never get red markings and just get a yellow tint to their male specific feathers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom