Cornish Thread

I've found that dark cornish are the most difficult of my breeds to sex at a young age. They look very similar for a couple of months, and I have to wait for the pointed saddle feathers to be sure. Sometimes the cockerels' combs become pink faster than the hens.

Thanks ahead of time for any help. I'm not the best at taking pics. But one has a longer tail coming in then the other two, one has a lot of wing feathers already and one has few wing feathers coming in. The first pic is the one with the longer tail feathers.The second from the bottom is the one with a lot of its wing feathers in. And third from the bottom is the one with fewest feathers in. I know I just might have to wait until their a little older the figure out which is which. I know their young yet, like I said they are only five weeks old today.

this is out of the hatchery stock.

Nice bird. I'm trying to figure out which two are females and which is my male. I just think their just a little to little to do that yet.

Thanks. I will watch them. Right now they are all acting about the same. I have one that is a little bit taller than the other two. And I thought maybe that was the male Still not sure.

Thanks ahead of time for any help. I'm not the best at taking pics. But one has a longer tail coming in then the other two, one has a lot of wing feathers already and one has few wing feathers coming in. The first pic is the one with the longer tail feathers.The second from the bottom is the one with a lot of its wing feathers in. And third from the bottom is the one with fewest feathers in. I know I just might have to wait until their a little older the figure out which is which. I know their young yet, like I said they are only five weeks old today.

If they are hatchery cornish, they will be black and brown with irregular lacing. My hatchery cornish are all coming in too dark, they are overly melanized.The lacing is pretty bad on all of them, and most also have willow coloured legs, they should be yellow. But I still love 'em!

Back
Top Bottom