Cornish Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Jx2inNC, Sep 15, 2010.

1. kfacres

kfacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    sounds like you got yourself a bunch of mutts...

2. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008

Nice. Yours?

3. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008

I like the White Laced Red pullet-nice body.

4. speck wilson

speck wilson Out Of The Brooder

Nov 5, 2011
    Cochinman
    I thought I had raised a real nice WLR pullet this year......till i saw yours !!!!! LOL wow what a nice body and color to boot!! congrats all are nice birds!

5. fowlman01

fowlman01 Overrun With Chickens

Sep 2, 2010
    Sonoma County CA
    No, that is one of our birds.

Walt

6. Cedarknob

Cedarknob Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2012
    Western IL
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion, though I often have trouble figuring out what yours really are. In your post before this one, were you trying to make an opinion on the color of my last picture of the cockerel I posted on this thread?

On the same subject of opinions of color, here are two pictures of one of the sires used to get the hatching eggs and chicks you have sold here as large fowl, breeder quality Cornish in dark, white laced red, and blue laced red. Do you have a more recent picture, and what color did he end up as in your opinion?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is another sire you used or are using, what color is he in your opinion? Is your opinion that he and the above bird will work well as sires for the white Cornish that you mentioned you or your other half want to try getting off them?

[​IMG]

I know those two are a mix of Cochin, Brahma, Wyandotte, and Cornish. If it sounds to you like I have created some mutts by putting a WC over some DCs and ended up with bleed showing on their offspring, and since you have previously said you would hate to call these birds or their offspring anything other than breeder quality Cornish, I am confused as to what your opinion of the definition of 'mutt' is. Can you explain please?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  7. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    She is a very nice bird. I am thinking about getting some bantams from Chris if he has any available these LF are eating alot.

8. fowlman01

Sep 2, 2010
    Sonoma County CA
    I just talked to him, but didn't ask how many he has out. He usually hatches a lot and with the ABA national here in cali in Jan, I'm sure he hatched a bunch. There should be 200 or more bantam Cornish in that show.

Walt

9. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    I read in the ICBA newsletter that he had some bad luck with his LF and I was hoping to talk to him about getting some of his culls but it is not likely he will have any. Are you referring to Stockton?

10. fowlman01

Sep 2, 2010
    Sonoma County CA
    Yes, my home club. Pacific Poultry Breeders Assn. in Stockton CA. Gary Agaginian will probaly have lots of LF Cornish. WLR and Whites.

Walt

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by