Cornish Thread

Pics
well since i read this thread all the time, and you guys have been quiet lately, here are some bad pics of my start in LF darks, sorry for the bad camera pics...not perfect by any means but i think the cockerel and hen are strong in each others weak points...time will tell...look forward to opinions and sugestions ....thanks!

Cedar he came from a local man here who raises mostly whites for his own table, he told me he got the birds from a friend, and has had them at least 20 yrs

well since i read this thread all the time, and you guys have been quiet lately, here are some bad pics of my start in LF darks, sorry for the bad camera pics...not perfect by any means but i think the cockerel and hen are strong in each others weak points...time will tell...look forward to opinions and sugestions ....thanks!

thumbsup.gif

Beautiful hen!

I'm new to Cornish but not chickens. My first Cornish bantams are developing pinkish places on the bottoms of their feet. My thinking is the perches are too high for their hefty weight. I've lowered them and it's been too soon to see if there is any results. Can anyone suggest why they started getting pink areas on the soles of their feet?

Another thing I'd like to know is how well the roos get along together and with roos of other breeds. I don't know what to expect when they are turned out with other birds.

Thank you.

Last edited:
No experience with bantams and never seen 'pink' spots on my bird's feet, even on chicks raised on wire floors, but wonder if you're looking at abrasions. No splintery spots on their roosts are there?

My large fowl have very low roosts. They fly like winged bricks and have poor landing skills. LOL

My large fowl have very low roosts. They fly like winged bricks and have poor landing skills. LOL

:) Mine are Bantams and they are the latest addition to my little flock. After their 1st night in their new pen I noticed they slept on the floor so I lowered their roost to about a foot off of the floor, they are sleeping on it now.

Back
Top Bottom