Cornish Thread

Well, I just hatched my first DC chick and I tought, well I think I'm allowed to post here.

I got bantams, I'm hoping to raise them for meat, i know they are bantams but I'm the only one that eats meat here, so that's why I went bantams.

I don't know who's line I got, all I know is I bought the pair in a swap they are pretty heavy, and I'm happy with them.

Now I Just have to figure out how long it takes for them to grow and be butchered, ill learn as I go, with what I read here too.

Thanks.

Well, I just hatched my first DC chick and I tought, well I think I'm allowed to post here.

I got bantams, I'm hoping to raise them for meat, i know they are bantams but I'm the only one that eats meat here, so that's why I went bantams.

I don't know who's line I got, all I know is I bought the pair in a swap they are pretty heavy, and I'm happy with them.

Now I Just have to figure out how long it takes for them to grow and be butchered, ill learn as I go, with what I read here too.

Thanks.
OH NO!!!!!!! Now you'll be making them Naked Neck Dark Cornish!!!!!
hide.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Thanks.
Seriously, dear, WELCOME to the Cornish thread! I think you will love your little DCs. They should be ready to butcher for one person in about 4 months and have a really nice bird for a meal or two, I think. However, I have never raised the bantams to be sure about that one. I just ate one that was about a 4 month LF DC and he weighed about 3+ pounds dressed. And he was SO tasty!

Seriously, dear, WELCOME to the Cornish thread! I think you will love your little DCs. They should be ready to butcher for one person in about 4 months and have a really nice bird for a meal or two, I think. However, I have never raised the bantams to be sure about that one. I just ate one that was about a 4 month LF DC and he weighed about 3+ pounds dressed. And he was SO tasty!
they are world's faster maturing that the LF birds, I would think full grown by 4 at a max. Depends on your appetite, enough meat for one might push it. ;)

I posted this on the cochin thread but I started thinking this would be a better place for what I need. Here's what I put: Do any of you guys do artificial insemination with your chickens? I'm trying to breed a LF brahma to a silkie but they are too big for the little silkie hen. I tried doing it but apparently I don't know what I am doing. I can't get the males stuff. I need to know what technique to use. So if any of you guys do this please share with me how to go about this.

Back
Top Bottom