Cornish Thread

Hi
The hatchery was Country Hatchery. But they sent me a refund. Told me they got ripped off. And to make a long story short. They basically got bull shitted by someine. So they did the same. I sent them 10.00 per chick. And was shocked to see a letter and note in my chick box. I had ordered some Buff Orpingtons and Black Austrolops also. They sent me those. And no extras. I was very surprised. I paid them good money. You would think they would have taken care of ne just a bit better.

Are you sure on the name? the birds on the FB page I seen were hatchery stock.

They were the breeders he had....probably not his best stock. He does have some good birds he shows. Just saying that folks just getting into this may not be quite so picky. Bantam cornish are hard to find for most folks.
I buy Narrangansett turkeys from him and his birds in that breed do VERY well in shows and so do his Orpingtons.

Last edited:
Im not refering to bantams, LF is what I am wanting, I have got 14 eggs from him in the bator now, How do yours you got from him look 1MrsMagoo ?

Im not refering to bantams, LF is what I am wanting, I have got 14 eggs from him in the bator now, How do yours you got from him look 1MrsMagoo ?

We back to Russell Roy? Well, the Dark Cornish chicks are a bit lighter than any of the others I have ever hatched. However, the best ones I have currently are not from an exhibition line, but rather Frank Reese at Good Shepherd Poultry: They are from his meat line.

I held one that up alongside one of my standard WL Red chicks (Mager line) that hatched the same day just a minute ago (too jumpy for pictures but I'll try again later by putting them in a box). Their legs are set about the same distance apart, leg and beaks are identically colored. However, the Dark chick is slightly ahead in feathering out and weighs a teeny bit less than the WL Red chick.

Their feathers are coming out a very nice even pattern, which is much cleaner than the other Dark's I have raised. I went ahead and got some more eggs from him, but am going over to his place in a couple of weeks to buy chicks and have a look at his breeders.

The locals say he used to show and do very well with his line, so only time will tell. Even if they aren't exactly what is pictured on his auctions, as long as they are a few steps above what I have that will help: I will have something to work with!

So I just ordered some hatching eggs for some Bantam Dark Cornish from Bob Anderson in Oregon.

Here is one of his hens and cock birds. I really hope these hatch well for me. I don't own any bantams, but these were just too nice to pass up.

Them look real good !!!!!

Yes they do. They are the MOST expensive hatching eggs I have ever purchased so am praying to get at least a 50% hatch rate.
fl.gif

I took some pictures of the Russell Roy DC chicks, went to get the pictures off the camera's memory card and they weren't there. I'll "re-do" the photo shoot later if I have time!

Here's a pic of my oldest chick born out of my pair he is almost 7 weeks

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom